Friday, October 06, 2006

Accordian Art

I title this piece: "The Lonely Heart of a True Rock Accordionist: An Accordion Ballad in D Minor" 9"x12" Watercolor on paper.

This is one of the characters I came up with when working on ideas for the Stormy Weather Arts Festival poster. I had originally thought to put a few musicians in my poster as well seeing that there are always lots of musicians playing at the festival, but sadly I ran out of room.

I'm heading to Gig Harbor, Washington later today so I can do a painting demonstration there tomorrow. I should be there between about 11 AM and 4 PM (Saturday October 7) so if you're in the area stop by and say hi. My Apologies in advance for the cloudy weather that we will no doubt have up there tomorrow. Without fail, when ever I go to Gig Harbor it always turns out cloudy and my guess is its because I'm dying to see a Gig Harbor sunrise where I can actually see Mount Rainier, but I always seem to bring the clouds instead. Ah, well. Regardless of one's ability to see a Mount Rainier sunrise reflecting amazingly on the harbor, its always a lot of fun to go up there to paint and chat with everyone.

The address of the Preuit Collection Gallery where I will be is:
3115 Harborview Drive,
Gig Harbor, Washington 98335
253-851-3792
So stop by and blame me for the clouds. ;)

2 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Gig Harbor is a lovely place to visit.

What fun your work is.
I love the Stormy Weather poster.

I'll bookmark your blog and return. I find it so fresh.

Michael said...

Hi Nancy, which Island are you from in Washington? It looks like you have quite a bit of fun painting as well. The Puget Sound is a great place to get inspiration for painting.