Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Columbia River Gorge

This last weekend I went hiking with a couple friends up Dog Mountain, a 2850 foot peak jetting out of the Columbia River Gorge. I was impressed with how steep the trail actually is all the way up. The panoramic view from the top is well worth the effort to get up there though.
































Waterfalls can be seen in the hills across the river, trains traveling up river look like toys nearly 3000 feet below and the fact the little hill next to us is called "Wind Mountain" should have clued me into the fact that I needed to bring a coat to the top. =P (It was quite windy up there. Dog mountain is located right by Hood River, Oregon- the wind surfing capital of the Northwest)














I'm trying to figure out how to drag my easel and watercolors to top of the mountain to do some painting on location, but I'm afraid that may require a pack animal.













Above (from left): Me, Adam and Seth

No comments: